The Cornerstone Program is a year-long course focused on leadership development designed specifically for in- and out-of-classroom teacher leaders interested in improving their ability to engage colleagues and key stakeholders.
The course builds on your experience as a teacher leader working in service of vulnerable and historically-underserved student populations. You will::
- Deepen your understanding of the various dimensions of equity-centered instructional leadership
- Increase coaching capacity through classroom- and field-based practice in and feedback on cognitive coaching
- Develop an operational definition of math excellence and the capacity to match practices to desired outcomes
- Strengthen your professional network to support continuous growth and promote professional resilience
What distinguishes our program from other programs?
- Focus on leadership and equity and their intersection with content, rather than content as the center
- Growth model: expect to see participant growth over time through inputs, support, practice, and supportive networks
- Embraces a model of education leadership that includes classroom teacher leaders, out of classroom teacher leaders, and formal school leaders
- Includes opportunities to expand learning about innovative instructional models
Core Course Modules
- Identity and leadership
- Equity in Mathematics
- Instructional coaching
- Supporting effective classroom assessment
- Developing a systemic lens to support change
- Must hold a clear teaching credential.
- Must hold a position of leadership within the educational agency. Leadership positions include: grade level lead/department chair, ILT member, club advisor, specialist, etc.
- Format: Online
- Cost: $4000
- Credit: 6 CEUs available through Dominican University (for additional cost)
- Program Calendar
How to Enroll
Registration is currently closed. To find out when the Cornerstone Program opens again for registration (likely in fall 2021), sign up for the Leadership Programs monthly newsletter.