Applying to the Education Minor
How to Apply
There are 2 steps you need to take in order to apply to the Education minor.
- Attend one of the Education Minor Information Sessions. These sessions, conducted by the Education Minor Advisor, give background information about the minor, review requirements and guidelines, and answer questions. Information sessions are during the Fall, Spring and Summer semesters, and last no more than an hour. If you are unable to attend the Information Sessions, you are welcome to schedule an individual session with the Minor Advisor during office hours.
- Submit an online application form (please login with your Berkeley email address)
The online application form asks you to provide a tentative plan to complete the requirements of the minor, including any already completed courses. You will not be required to use this exact plan for the minor.
After you have submitted your online application:
- the Minor Advisor will review your application for completeness;
- you will be considered an Education Minor candidate;
- your e-mail address will be added to the Education Minor e-mail list to receive the Education Minor Newsletter; and
- the Education Minor will be added to your Calcentral record as a program you intend to complete.
When to Apply
You should apply to the Education Minor only after you have attended an Information Session or met with the Education Minor Advisor.
Submitting your application early in your program will enable us to keep you apprised of program updates and opportunities that might interest you, as well as giving you adequate time to complete the requirements. Please note that students must declare the Education minor no later than the term before their Expected Graduation Term (EGT). If that term is fall or spring, the deadline is the last day of RRR week. If that term is summer, the deadline is the last day of all Summer Sessions.
If you have questions about the application process, please contact the Education Minor Advisor: firstname.lastname@example.org or (510) 643-9303.